We bet you all know where The VIP Hotel stands still, of course, right at the heart of Cagayan de Oro. This CDO hotel has been in the metro for decades now but not all of us know the legacy that they have started behind their corridors. Here are some facts you can share to your family and friends.
1. Before the Canoy Family decided to make it a hotel, they thought of putting a hospital on site with the influence of a doctor in the family.
2. The well-known VIP Siopao was a recipe of a chef.
3. The VIP Siopao later opened another business opportunity for the Canoy Group which is Bestbake.
4. VIP’s Cee’s Restaurant also serves homegrown pasalubong items like the VIP Corned Beef, Bangus Sardines and their Salad Dressing.
5. A yearly Belen is showcased at the hotel lobby every Christmas.
6. Their snack bar hosts the yummiest turon in Cagayan de Oro. Give it a try!
7. Among all the hotels in CDO, they have “the only indoor tree” which is at the second floor of the hotel.
8. Each floor is uniquely designed with Filipino or Kagayanon touch.
9. Their Casa Real on the top floor utilizes antique chairs and Capiz glass.
10. You will not see any fake flowers inside the hotel, everything is authentic.
11. The VIP Hotel’s version of CDO’s Sinuglaw is called “Chinuglaw”: combination of Chicharon, Sinugba and Kinilaw which is served at Cee’s Restaurant.
12. They host the longest running “Soups and Salad” menu in Cagayan de Oro.
WOWCDO.com also did a tour to get to know what The VIP Hotel Cagayan de Oro can offer:
They have 78 well-appointed aircon rooms with hot and cold shower plus a private bath tub for select rooms. All their rooms are also equipped with cable TV and reliable Wi-Fi connection. Should you need to call overseas or within the Philippines, their phones are available 24/7, for you to call out. For their suites, a hair dryer and a mini bar is available. They also have a laundry and pressing services for on the go people who just wants to do business or leisure. To add, you can also have a tea or a cup of coffee making facility starting from the VIP class rooms to their suites.
Facilities and Services
This Cagayan de Oro hotel also has spacious and comfy function rooms to cater seminars, conferences, meetings, debuts, weddings and other business or social gathering events. They also have a standby generator in case of power outages. They also offer airport transfers to and from Laguindingan Airport and local tours to better explore the City of New Adventures, Cagayan de Oro! Should you have an upcoming party or event, they offer catering services, where Kagayanons can enjoy the Tatak VIP food. If you have plans of getting married, The VIP Hotel can also help you with their wedding packages that will suite you needs.
The VIP Hotel Cagayan de Oro Rates
- Business Class – Php 1,950
- VIP Class – Php 2,800
- Junior Suite – P 3,200
- Executive Rooms – Php 3,800
- For an extra bed/person, just add Php 595
All their rates are subject to change without prior notice.
WOWCDO.com stayed on one of their VIP Suite facing the bustling street Velez St and the CDO Sports Center.
Scale: 1-10 (10 being the highest) / Passing Score: 7.5
- Front Desk – 9.5
- Customer Service – 9.5
- Food – 9
- Cleanliness – 9.5
- Relaxation Quality – 8.5
- Room Quality: 9
- Location: 10
- Value for Money – 9.5
Overall Rating – 8.125 (Recommended for Travelers, Couples, Business Trips, or Solo)
The VIP Hotel is situated in the heart of Cagayan de Oro City, specifically at Don Apolinar Velez cor JR Borja Street. To reserve a room or for more info, you may also call them at +63 (8822) 726080 / 727360 / 726552 or +63 (88) 8552505 and Fax +63 (88) 8562505. You may also email them at email@example.com and their Sales department will surely answer your queries.
How to get to The VIP Hotel Cagayan de Oro:
By Sea: From the Port of Cagayan de Oro – Ride a Pier RA Jeepney (Fare – Php 7.50) or a cab and inform driver to drop you at The VIP Hotel.
By Land: From West Bound Terminal, ride an Iponan Liner Jeepney going to DVSORIA (Fare – Php 12), inform the driver to drop you at Capistrano-Borja St. then proceed to Velez St. From East Bound/ Agora Terminal – ride an Lapasan LA Liner or R2 going towards DVSORIA (Fare – Php 7)
By Air: From Laguindingan Airport – Ride a shuttle from different providers like LAX or Magnum; or by Bus towards the West Bound Terminal. You may also take a cab towards Cagayan de Oro or coordinate with The VIP Hotel CDO with the Airport Transfer.
Thank you to The VIP Hotel CDO Sales and Marketing Team for the info and Ms. Aileen San Juan for the interview.