Capture great photos using your mobile phone and win prizes as Smart Communications, the leading telecommunications company in the Philippines, joins Cagayan de Oro in celebrating the Higalaay: Kagay-an Festival.
‘Live All Out’ Mobile Photography Contest Mechanics
The ‘Live All Out’ Mobile Photography Contest will be all about the Kagay-anon spirit this August, with a fun-filled City Fiesta as the overall theme. Categories can include any of the following:
- Kagay-an Festival – Street Dance, Fluvial Parade, Fireworks Display, etc.
- I <3 CDO – what you love about our City
- Kagay-anon Foodscapes – the story behind local delicacies and foodie favorites
- Live All Out CDO – celebrating the “LiveAllOut” event experience
- Higalaay selfie – share your selfies wearing the official Higalaay shirt
WHO CAN JOIN:
- Participants must register using a Smart mobile number. Subscribers should text their name, name of school or company, and e-mail address to 09483309332.
- Participants must have android, IOS or windows mobile phones.
STEPS FOR SUBMISSION OF PHOTO ENTRIES:
1. Take photos with your mobile phone during the contest period (August 13 to 28, 2014).
2. Upload photos to your Facebook wall. Use a 1-3 liner caption to describe the content of the photo, the location and the event.
3. Use the hash tags #HigalaayCDO, #SmartKagayan & #SmartLiveAllOut.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
- Visual Impact 30% – Ability to grab the viewers’ attention, wow factor
- Theme 30% – Relevance to the over-all theme, message of the photo
- Creativity/Composition/Originality 20% – Concept, incorporating unique and original point of view, interesting techniques
- Technical Excellence 20% – Photo Quality, Sharpness, Exposure, Clarity of objects
PHOTO CONTEST RULES
1. All photos must be taken within the Higalaay Festival period: August 13 to 28, 2014. Photos showing incorrect time /date will be disqualified.
2. Only photos taken using mobile phone cameras will be accepted. Transfer of photos from digital cameras to their smart phones is not allowed.
3. No printed photos will be accepted.
4. Photo entries must not have watermarks.
5. Photos that have been entered in previous contests will no longer be accepted.
6. All editing must be done with the mobile phone. All photos should be in color (no black & white or monochrome, no sepia).
7. By joining, participants signify that they have the rights to the photo. The photographer also gives Smart Communications, Inc. the right to use the photo entry for materials related to the photo contest and the Festival.
8. Deadline for submission is on August 28, 11:59PM.
9. Top photographers will be notified via email and will be asked to submit original copies of the photo.
Grand prize: Nokia Lumia 1020
2nd prize: Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Camera
3rd prize: Camera accessories
Special prizes will also be given to the Top 10 best photos and the best photos for each category