From the company that brought T.G.I. Fridays and Italianni’s to Cagayan de Oro, the Bistro Group has just opened another exciting concept that will make your taste buds stick to the sinful yet healthy Japanese Katsu food – welcome – Tonkatsu by Terazawa! A Japanese resto created by Chef Akinori Terazawa, a Nagoya, Japan native, with a mission to make the best Tonkatsu in town. Well his works have come way beyond his imagination. After 20 years, now it has reached the Philippines and in CDO, Tonkatsu by Teraza is located at the Ground Floor of Centrio, an Ayala Mall.
One should look forward and enjoy their specialty dishes like Kurobuta Tonkatsu, Rosu Katsu, Deep fried oysters and more katsu meals options.
SUPER TIP: They also offer unlimited servings of Japanise rice, miso soup and refillable shredded cabbage for select meals and promos. Just ask their friendly and smiling staff for your within-budget options.
Now, what to order at Tonkatsu by Terazawa?
1. Choose from their “appetizing” Appetizers, Pork Karaage and Chasoba Salad.
Pork Karaage or breaded pork strips, to add taste, squeeze lemon on top of it.
The Chasoba Salad is a cold noodle salad mixed with mayo, tomatoes, scrambled eggs and a few toppings.
2. Pick a main course. We HIGHLY recommend the Iberico Kastu, its pork is also believed to be good for the heart as the pigs only eat acorns and organic food which raises good cholesterol and lowers the bad one.
An option: You may also order the Kurobuta set, a premium meat from Berkshire hogs in Japan. There’s also a big difference in terms of their fat size. Look:
How to Enjoy Your Tonkatsu?
- Cabbage – Mix their salad dressing with the fresh cabbage. The cabbage helps cleans our taste buds and provides a balance diet.
- Side dishes are also best eaten with their special rice to stimulate the taste buds.
- To enhance the flavor, grind some sesame seed onto the meat.
- You may also dip the meat to the salt and sauce to add extra taste. A traditional way to enjoy your kastu set.
3. Pick a dessert. Finally, your Tonkatsu experience would not be complete without having a taste of their best-selling dessert – Frozen Green Tea!
So what are you waiting for? Bring your special someone to Tonkatsu CDO at Centrio Mall and share the good food and memorable Japanese food experience. It was such a festive WOWCDO food experience! How about yours? Feel free to share it on the comments section, Higala! Thanks!
For their promos, like their facebook page, it’s Tonkatsu by Terazawa and on Twitter and Instagram – @tonkatsuph.
Note: Service charge is applicable at this resto.