Are you a fresh grad or an experienced BPO Professional who continually looks for greener pasture? We’re glad that you click that link as jobs await you at the first ever ICT-BPM Job Expo dubbed as CDO Career Expo 2014. The career expo will be at the Activity Center of Centrio Ayala Mall this April 25 to 26, 2014 from 10am to 6PM. That is on a Friday and a Saturday. As the weekend approaches prepare your resumes as Top BPO companies will be hiring from Northern Mindanao.
But before hitting Centrio, here are a few tips for you to get a job at the career expo or job fair:
1. Identify your skill. Be sure to know what services you can offer better. Remember: Not all BPO Companies hire phone representatives. There will be jobs focused on chat, email or even social media.
2. Prepare your resume/CVs. Preparation is the key. Before hitting the print button, make sure you’ve proofread your documents. Misspelled words will still be wrong and it’s surely a major turn off.
3. Browse through the job opening. Never pass your resume without knowing what you’re getting into. Research for the companies that will be present and the services they offer. We don’t want you to be embarrassed. We love WOWCDO readers!
4. Submit your documents and filled forms. Bring 2 pens if you’re anticipating an exam.
5. Practice for the Interview. Here are basic questions that may be thrown at you: Tell us something about yourself – What skills can you contribute to the Company? – Are you willing to work on night-shift?
6. Be on time. Be it a Juan Time, not the Filipino Time!
7. Wear your best attire for the interview. Please, no gowns or probably jeans for the guys. Remember, Dress to Impress – corporate attire. It may feel awkward, but remember, you need to get a job. (Smile)
8. Be confident. If you need, you would do all your best to get the job.
We wish you the best and we are hoping that you’ll land a perfect job in the BPO Industry. If you think we missed a tip, drop a comment.