The Cagayan De Oro Hotel And Restaurant Association (COHARA) will once again mount KUMBIRA, an annual culinary competition and show on August 15, 16 & 17, 2012 at the Atrium of Limketkai Center, Cagayan de Oro City. Now on its 16th year the event has taken a fresh concept promoting fun during the event and strengthening the educational aspect of the show. Kumbira 2012 adopts the theme, “Eats More Fun In Kumbira”.
Kumbira will feature new things this 2012:
· KUMBIRA ACTION! – Inter-active booth allowing kumbira visitors to listen to a short demo and do hands-on activities; Booth will feature: a) Fruit & Vegetable Carving & Knife Skills; b) Cake Decorating c) Coffee Barista;
· KUMBIRA SHOWCASE – a professional culinary display of various gourmet dishes prepared by member- establishments as mentored by renowned chef-judges;
· WINNING IS FUN! – Culinary live competitions – professional and student categories;
· LEARNING IS MORE FUN – Seminars on Food, Beverage, and Hospitality;
· KUMBIRA EATS – food selling featuring specialties of different member-establishments;
· HELPING IS FUN! – A COHARA & FRIENDS Corner featuring display of various Kumbira souvenir items, wares and items from hotels and restaurants that will be displayed for silent auction. All proceeds will be for livelihood projects of Typhoon Sendong relocation communities;
· KUMBIRA MOMENTS – a photo competition.
· TRADE EXHIBIT
This could be the biggest weekend in Cagayan de Oro as Centrio – an
Vic known as "The Guy with a Big Voice" is a multi-awarded blogger, a TEDx speaker, and the social media marketing strategist of the biggest brands in Visayas and Mindanao. Other than that, he's also a columnist and writes weekly on the Mindanao Gold Star Daily's Lifestyle section - UrbanLife. Email: email@example.com.