#Come2CDO: Higalaay – Kagay-an Festival 2013
Despite the security threats that Cagayan de Oro is facing, the City Government of CdeO lead by Mayor Oscar “Oca” Moreno, will be pushing through with the yearly Kagay-an Festival. The festival is a yearly celebration in honor of Saint Augustine with the theme: Higalaay – Kagay-an Festival 2013.
Below are the 2013 Core Events of Higalaay – Kagay-an Festival:
KUMBIRA: Aug 14-16, 2013 LKKS Atrium
GARDEN SHOW: August 15-31, 2013 Duaw kagay-an Park
PBA LEGENDS: August 17, 2013 6pm XU Gym
KAGAY-AN FESTIVAL MARATHON: Aug 18, 2013 3am Centrio Mall
COWBOY FESTIVAL: Aug 23, 2013 SM City Grounds
KAHIMUNAN REGIONAL TRADE FAIR: Aug 24-28, 2013 SM CIty
MISS CAGAYAN DE ORO 2013: Aug 24, 2013 7pm LKKS Atrium
KAGAY-AN PYRO FESTIVAL: Aug 25, 2013 7pm SM City
PE RHYTMIC DANCE COMPETITION: Aug 26 7am Sports Center
HIGALAS-CDO PARADE OF ICONS: Aug 27 7am Rodelsa-LKKS
RELIGIOUS PROCESSIONS: Aug 28 5am and 2pm
Republic Act No. 9644 states that August 28 is a Special Non-Working Public Holiday in the City of Cagayan de Oro known as the ” Cagayan de Oro City Day”.
The City Government also issued a Police Advisory – Security Measures for the Fiesta Activities on the Cagayan de Oro City Info Network Facebook Page.
Police Advisory - Security Measures for Fiesta Activities
1. There are public events that require tight security measures. We appeal to the spectators for their cooperation on these security measures.
2. Bringing of backpacks and similar carrying bags in any event are discouraged as they shall be subject to inspection and scrutiny.
3. Be aware of onsite inspections and be ready to present any valid documentary identification.
4. Every event should have a designated parking area and venue for viewing.
5. When parking your vehicle in any establishment, inform the security guards or designated watchmen.
6. Wearing of caps and sunglasses in any indoor events particularly in mass celebration are prohibited.
7. During events like parades, processions, marathons and the like, parking of vehicles along the route is strictly prohibited. Exceptional cases will be subject to approval of the RTA or police assigned in the area.
8. Report to the nearest police stations or the Chief of Police any suspicious vehicles or items. Informants should identify themselves and the same is treated a confidential matter. Let us be concerned about our peace and order. Know your station commander.
Police Station 1 (857-3173) Divisoria
Commander : Cay-as (09176271972)
Deputy : Pebojot ( 09177918653)
Police Station 2 (852-1620 / 857-3178) Cogon
Commander : Espera (09061791891)
Deputy : Orate (09173167465)
Police Station 3 (856-2471) Agora
Commander : Vinas (09177195565)
Deputy : Calurasan (09352565108)
Police Station 4 (858-3087) Carmen
Commander : Ortiz (09177150878)
Deputy : Palencia (09392691554)
Police Station 5 (856-2482) Macabalan
Commander : Rollen (09177170686)
Deputy : Gaston (09206612500)
Police Station 6 (855-1917) Puerto
Commander : Ochate (09262530993)
Deputy : Evangelista (09177142661)
Police Station 7 (858-3093) Bulua
Commander : Salva (09169777756)
Police Station 8 (310-5578) Lumbia
Commander : Sabanal (09177011602)
Deputy : Centurias (09268987988)
Police Station 9 (857-3186 / 851-1235) Macasandig
Commander : Nacua (09177954369)
Deputy : Hurano (09177165440)
Police Station 10 (733222) Cugman
Commander : Robas (09177233129)
Deputy : Duallo (09277338036)
Save the numbers in your cellphones for emergency cases. Please share this information and let’s keep CDO safe.